Manduka BlackMatPRO 71-Inch Yoga and Pilates Mat


Rating :

Price on Jul 14, 2010 09:27:34 : $90.00
Offer Price : $84.99
Availability : Usually ships in 1-2 business days






Manduka BlackMatPRO 71-Inch Yoga and Pilates Mat Features

  • Superior wear and longevity
  • Comfortably cushions spine, hips, knees, and elbows on hard floors
  • Slip resistant, yet non-sticky, even when wet from perspiration; provides stability on hard or soft surfaces
  • Eco-responsible manufacturing
  • 7.0 lbs; 71 inches long; 26 inches wide; 1/4 inch thick


Manduka BlackMatPRO 71-Inch Yoga and Pilates Mat Overviews

For ten years and counting the Black Mat has been renowned by serious yogis and hailed as the ‘Bentley’ and Taj Mahal’ of yoga mats. It is ideal for yoga and Pilates practitioners looking for performance, comfort and longevity from their mat. Its fabric-like surface finish is not sticky, yet slip-resistant, even when wet from perspiration. The firm material resists bunching and remains flat even when practicing on carpet or with sticky feet. The Black Mat is exceptional for cushioning your spine, hip bones, knees and elbows from punishing hard floors; its durability is superior to other mats.


Manduka BlackMatPRO 71-Inch Yoga and Pilates Mat Specifications

One of the most durable yoga mats available, Manduka’s black mat is made from high-performance material designed to endure a lifetime of yoga practice. The mat has a specific top and bottom surface. The top’s sticky surface keeps feet firmly rooted during balancing poses, such as Warrior or Downward Facing Dog. The bottom side remains stable on hard floors or carpet, and won’t shift or bunch up during movement. The mat’s 1/4-inch thickness provides superior cushioning for the spine, hips, knees, and elbows during restful postures like Child’s pose. For safe practicing, the mat’s surface remains slip-free even when wet with perspiration. Measuring 71 inches long and 26 inches wide, the mat is long enough for taller yoga practitioners. Though its 6-1/2-pound weight makes it a little heavier than other yoga mats, with more weight, comes noticeably more comfort. --Cristina Vaamonde


Related Products



Customer Review


I read a review of this great mat last year when I needed a mat for yoga and pilates. As a recent college grad, I've hardly got extra cash. Last weekend I went to get some blocks from the mat room at the gym and what did I see? A Manduka mat! I could hardly catch my breath; it must have belonged to an instructor who'd forgotten it. I grabbed the mat and proceeded to have an incredible session. The mat was cushioned without being soft (no need for a blanket underneath your knees), firm without being hard, and heavy, so that the mat lay flat the whole time. I genuinely can't wait to be able to buy the mat myself in a year or two!

Manduka - the best - KStimac -
If you're just starting yoga, start with a regular mat, but if you're committed, you'll want this product. Best yoga mat I've found on the market. A lot more firm, set responsive to kneeling and standing. Better grip, once you're using it, you'll never go back.

MANDUKA MAT is like Yoga on ICE - it's horrible!! - Dennis -
I'm 6'3", and I practice yoga 3x a week. Looking for a good mat, I was recommended to get this one from my instructor.

My mat is horrible... I paid and all I do is slide all over the place! I cannot hold a pose nor do I feel comfortable holding a pose because my hands slide, my feet slide.. just horrible. I called manuduka and they said "we get this a lot from our clients, and tell them all to wash the mat, scrub the mat, and give it time to break in" well, folks... I've had my mat for SEVEN months and still, I slide all over the place!

I compared my mat to my instructors mat and they are different - she has had her mat for many years, where mine is new, the manufacturing of the manduka mat has changed, and the mat that I have is HORRIBLE!!! Manduka gave me a bag and a cloth that I can use on top of my mat because of the inconvienence, but when my cloth is dirty and I do not have it in class with me, I slip and slide all over the damn thing. it's not worth the furstration, time, or energy! DO NOT BUY THIS MAT!!! And if you do, get ready to slip all over the place!

Manduka, you once had a nice mat (my instructors old one is fabulous) but that mat I bought in 10/2009 IS HORRIBLE!!!! I'm sick of hearing "You have to wait for it to break in" - screw that, it should be ready to go for ! why should I have to wait??

DO NOT BUY THIS MAT



Portable Basketball Hoops Valeo Dual Ab Wheel

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels