Manduka BlackMatPRO 85-Inch Yoga and Pilates Mat


Rating :

Price on May 13, 2010 23:24:23 : $106.00
Offer Price : $95.99
Availability : Usually ships in 1-2 business days






Manduka BlackMatPRO 85-Inch Yoga and Pilates Mat Features

  • Superior wear and longevity
  • Comfortably cushions spine, hips, knees, and elbows on hard floors
  • Slip resistant, yet non-sticky, even when wet from perspiration; provides stability on hard or soft surfaces
  • Eco-responsible manufacturing
  • 8.5 lbs; 85 inches long; 26 inches wide; 1/4 inch thick


Manduka BlackMatPRO 85-Inch Yoga and Pilates Mat Overviews

For ten years and counting the Black Mat has been renowned by serious yogis and hailed as the ‘Bentley’ and Taj Mahal’ of yoga mats. It is ideal for yoga and Pilates practitioners looking for performance, comfort and longevity from their mat. Its fabric-like surface finish is not sticky, yet slip-resistant, even when wet from perspiration. The firm material resists bunching and remains flat even when practicing on carpet or with sticky feet. The Black Mat is exceptional for cushioning your spine, hip bones, knees and elbows from punishing hard floors; its durability is superior to other mats.



Related Products



Customer Review


I am enjoying this mat tremendously! It is very supportive through out the entire yoga class. I have not had any concerns with slipping. It is quite sturdy. It does weigh more than the average mat so it is probably not a good one if you want to travel often with it, but for everyday use it is wonderful! I did notice that the mat is a little wider than my previous one. My yogi toes works well but does not cover from side to side or top to bottom. Not a concern for me at all. The chemical smell that I had read about is definitely noticeable the first few times you use it but goes away rather quickly.

slippery - B. L. Hutchinson - Jackson, MS USA
My wife has this mat or one very similar from Manduka, that is about 2 years old. I remember her whining a bit at the time it was new about grip, of course, it wasn't my problem so i paid little attention. i have since used her "broken in" mat, and it is awesome! So i bought one. She warned me it would be slippery at first, now guess who's whining about a slippery mat! It has a coating on the surface that is very stubborn for people with sweaty feet. Your sweaty feet can cause a sweaty feat, if you know what i mean. I don't know how many sessions it will take to wear off the finish, and i feel like for a hundred bucks, Manduka should present you with a sticky mat. I'm currently wearing socks, which i don't like, but my hands do still slip, as they are just as sweaty as my feet. So be warned, if your feet sweat, you're praying twist might become a praying split. On the bright side, if you are looking for an extra hard workout, try your favorite routine on slippery mat, your muscles will reward you!

Slippery When Wet. Or Dry. - J. Miller - D.C.
I'm pretty bummed about this mat. I *never* slipped on my crappy old mat, no matter how wet and sweaty, and on this one I am fighting the mat in every Down Dog, even when it's dry. It doesn't even stick well to the floor. The ends pop up and the mat moves around and I have to constantly readjust it to stay straight. All in all, BOOOO!



Huffy Green Machine Schwinn Tricycle

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive