Manduka eKO 71-Inch 5mm Eco-Friendly Yoga Mat


Rating :

Price on May 16, 2010 20:21:06 :

Availability : N/A






Manduka eKO 71-Inch 5mm Eco-Friendly Yoga Mat Features

  • Made from non-Amazon harvested, natural tree rubber
  • Most durable, eco-friendly mat on the market; designed to provide the ultimate combination of cushion and grip
  • Developed over 3 years by yoga teachers
  • No PVC or toxic plasticizers
  • 71 inches long, 26 inches wide, 5mm thick; scent free (after initial break-in period)


Manduka eKO 71-Inch 5mm Eco-Friendly Yoga Mat Overviews

The Manduka eKO yoga mat offers something new for eco-conscious yoga practitioners - a natural rubber, closed-cell mat that is designed for durability and comfort, and will decompose completely at the end of its useful life. The eKO mat is longer, wider and thicker than the average size yoga mat, providing more practice area. Free of toxic foaming agents and plasticizers commonly found in TPE, POE and other rubber mats, the eKO mat is designed to be kind to the earth and your practice. Note: Like any natural rubber mat there is an initial scent which will fade after an initial break in period. A new mat should be left unrolled when possible to accelerate the break-in period.



Related Products



Customer Review


I bought this mat with a little hesitation because of all the reviews describing it as slippery. I was hoping that the review mentioning that you have to turn it "frog-side up" was correct. There is, in fact, a big difference between the two sides, and while my hands occasionally drift ever so slightly forward in downward dog over time, that's the only sense of slippage I've ever experienced on the grippy side. The mat is cushiony enough for me, and in fact I couldn't use it with another mat underneath because the foundation wasn't stable enough. The slight rubbery smell of the mat is not a problem as far as I'm concerned. My only real complaint is with the mat's tendency to pick up foreign matter. The mat rubs dead skin off of my feet whenever I drag them between poses, and it shows up as light-colored streaks on the lava-colored surface. The mat also seems to attract lint and debris, as, for example, when I roll it up and matter clinging to the back side gets transferred to the front. Seems like I would really need to carry some sort of brush if I wanted to be able to keep the mat effectively nice and clean. It's not a real big deal to me, but I can imagine it might be more of a problem to someone else.

My search continues for the perfect mat.... - C. Kirk - Chicago, IL
I do yoga just about everyday. I really wanted to love this mat, but I am very disappointed. I am sliding all over the place on this thing!! It is heavy, but since I'm only tugging it from my car to the studio, its okay. The smell is tolerable. After slipping so much, I tried to go back to my Gaiam mat and found I do like the grip so much better, but my Gaiam mat is so thin and uncomfortable on my feet. I really like the thickness of this Manduka, I just wish the surface was less slick.

Pretty happy with the EKO mat! - L. Nilges - SC USA
This mat is a huge improvement over the much cheaper mat I was using that was just too thin. I have been using this mat slightly over a month (for intermediate level anusara yoga)and like others have said, it was slippery at first. I used a yoga mat cleaner (sprayed on a wet cloth) two or three times during the first couple of weeks. This seems to have helped to eliminate the slippery feel. However, I found that I had to clean the mat with the cleaner and then wipe it off again with a clean wet cloth or it still had residue. It is a nice flat mat with a slightly larger size than many mats which is nice. If it lasts a long time I'll be thoughly happy with this "eco" purchase. I also like that Manduka has an old mat recyling program. I let the mat air out on a chair under my screen porch for about three days before using it. The smell has never been a problem for me. I do notice that my hands have a slight smell after using the mat but I wash them after yoga anyway. The color Acai is a very pretty deep purple!



windbrella Aero Air Mattress Gps Watches For Runners

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive